Life's Reminder

If things depress you, it’s because you allow yourself to be affected by it. Results are just results, and our emotions are our emotions. People draw attachment to outcomes and situations which affect their emotional state. Every situation there is always something to be learned, & if we are able to take away the important lessons, we will eventually achieve what we set out to do.”

Saturday, September 11, 2010

LEMON YOU GINGER ME! - An Intriguing Poem

Lemon You Ginger Me is a very intriguing poem by Grace Chia, a Singaporean poet. We took up this kind of poem in our Literary Criticism Class were we obviously criticize various poetry and such written literature. Honestly speaking the first i read this poem it really gave me an intriguing thought why on earth the poet did this kind of poetry structure! May i suggest that before you would react to this poem, please think closely of the deeper meaning. Enjoy reading folks!
Lemon You Ginger Me
by: Grace Chia
                       I  want    to      jam     you
              I want us to strawberry each
              other - would  you like me to
                chilli   you?  Ooh , as   sambal 
             belachan as  possible until we
                Tom Yam  together ;  in   your
            mushroom,   you  cheese     all
            over me spreading orange juice
            and Ribena ; hey Mr. Kentucky,
            I think of your bean soup and I
            explode for bread or for wurst;
            unzip my dirty cheap cider and
            I became Irish cream, could be
    Baileys    could    be  your  blue   cheese
     with that herbal stench ; Honey, come
       on and olive oil me- you the nutter
            and  I  the acorn - wings ! My
              darling, wings! If Thames
                  be the choice, then
                          Twix it!
                             Cuz
                            Coke
                              is
                             It!
                              .

No comments:

Post a Comment