Life's Reminder

If things depress you, it’s because you allow yourself to be affected by it. Results are just results, and our emotions are our emotions. People draw attachment to outcomes and situations which affect their emotional state. Every situation there is always something to be learned, & if we are able to take away the important lessons, we will eventually achieve what we set out to do.”

Saturday, September 11, 2010

"CRITICAL RESPONSES on LITERARY APPROACHES"

PREFACE
This book “Critical Responses to Literary Approaches” is a compilation of my exploration papers in my subject “Literary Criticism”. It has been written to be used as a reference for individuals who wish to search for critical analysis on the following movies: (1) Mad Love, (2) The Unsaid, (3) The Pianist and (4) Naked Weapon. Each movie has its application of approaches; Psychoanalytic Approach on the movie Mad Love; Archetypal Approach on the movie The Unsaid; Cultural Materialism Approach on The Pianist; and Feminine Approach on the movie Naked Weapon. It is appropriate for students enrolled in a Literary Criticism course, for those who are writing an exploration paper or dissertation, and for those who are lovers of literature. They should understand and think deeply about what is the concept of the movie, the purpose of the writer in writing such literary works and how to analyze such piece of writing. They should be able to use this knowledge to critically analyze the literary works that appear in movie houses, in our home and videos.
Literary Criticism is the discussion of literature, including description, analysis, interpretation and evaluation of literary works. Critical analysis is attained only through the combination of critical thinking and the urge to study such literary work. Students may find it exciting and interesting to read literary works at the same time they will know how to value world’s literary piece of art.
This book features the problems related to certain approaches, diagrams, analysis, summary of the story and the author’s conclusions, implications and recommendations.
This book is made for everyone. Enjoy reading!
RITCHEL C. SERVANDO, BSED-III  

    
DEDICATION
This book is dedicated to my family. First of all to my mother Tessie, who is trying her best and everything to support us in everything she could do just to finish our studies. To my older brothers, Raul, Rhuel, Russel, even though your criticisms had put down my confidence, still you remain loving and caring older siblings. To all my friends inside and outside West Negros College most especially to John Mark Nono, Amarie Chavez, Raul Malijan Jr., Rechel Racho, Josepino Malvas and to all my classmates in ENGL 400 (Literary Criticism class),thank you for all the fun and laughter guys! To my dearest teacher Mrs. Ma. Teresa A. Asistido, Ma’am you’re the best! To my special someone, Jonathan, thank you Dad for all the love, encouragement and the moral support you have given me while I’m struggling in doing this work and I know you will be there for me whenever and wherever I’m in need. To my late father Johnny Servando, ‘Pang I miss you and I love you. And lastly, to the One above, for giving me such wonderful life.

...........anyone who wishes to read its content just let me know, ok?.... ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment